It’s spooky and fun Halloween time!
Time to get those treats ready for the ghost and goblins that will be knocking on your door. But kids are not the only ones that need treats during this fun season. Pets need treats too. With a few simple steps, this year you can pass out regular kids treats as well as Halloween pet-friendly gifts for those pet parents. All it takes is a little planning and putting your artistic brain to work.
Making easy-to-design dog and cat toys can be a fun project and these toys don’t require many supplies. Here are a few ideas on how to create those special fun pet projects, so you and your family will be the talk of the puppy town.
1. Ghost Dog Toys
This one’s easy! It only takes between 5-10 minutes and there are few supplies needed but this toy is loved by all puppies and their parents. Your furry pet will love it! You need:
- A pair of old socks
- A tennis ball.
- Place the tennis ball inside of the sock
- Twist the sock under the ball
- Tie off the ball (the head of the ghost) with a piece of string
- Cut strips from the other end of the sock
- Tie knots on the other end of the sock
It’s that simple. This toy is now complete and ready for a furry friend to test out. Your dog will be the best tester of your treat. Sit back and allow him to have major puppy playtime with his new ghost toy. You will soon find out if it is sturdy and ready to be a trick or treat.
2. Cat Wands
- 1 Wooden Dowel
- 3 Jingle Bells
- Multiple Fabric Scraps (Ribbons, Shoe Laces, etc)
- 1 Roll of Baker’s Twine
- Fabric Glue
- Wrap the wooden dowel with Baker’s Twine
- Use fabric glue to fasten the twine to the dowel (make sure it doesn’t unravel)
- Tie all of your fabric scraps to the end of the Baker’s Twine
- Select up to three scraps of fabric and tie on the jingle bells
Even if your cat would prefer to enjoy their time alone, this toy will catch their attention and make them come out and play. Jazz up the fabric with designs and you’ll have the coolest cat wands in the neighborhood. These wands are a great way to get your cats in on the Halloween fun and a great way for you to engage in some cat meow time. Cat wands make a great Halloween trick or treat gift and it takes less than 10 minutes to create one.
3. Water Bottle Crinkle Toy
- Old Sweater or Old Sock
- Empty water bottle (remove label and cap/ring)
- Pair of Scissors
- Place the water bottle in the sweater or sock.
- Cut the arm off of the sweater, with the bottle still inside of it. With the excess fabric tie the ends.
- Tie a knot at each end of the sweater. The bottle will be secured inside of the sweater.
- Cut strips on each end of the knots. You will want to make these long enough to tie knots in step.
- Your dog will be so excited to play with this toy he may not be able to wait until Halloween. There’s something mysteriously intriguing about the crinkle water bottle and your puppy will want to discover it.
4. Spoooooky Castle
- Medium to Large Size Box
- Box Cutter
- Draw windows and doors on the box (Get creative with the windows and doors)
- Use Box cutter to cut out the windows and doors
- Use the cutout pieces as an extra decoration on the castle
- Put those extra boxes around the house to use. Every cat needs a safe haven during all the spooky times. Your cat will love exploring their new safe haven. Every new castle will definitely intrigue your cat’s interest. It’s an easy way to make your space a new exciting Halloween jungle for your pets. At little to extra cost, your pet can be apart of the festivities.
Pets can be included in this fun Halloween holiday with a little planning. So make your fellow pet parents a pet gift they will remember. Find some old socks, water bottles, boxes and markers laying around the house. Gather your kids and let the creative juices flow for this fun pet project!
Pets will love these trick or treat toys and you will be the talk of the neighborhood as you pass out the coolest pet-tacular Halloween gifts.